Linear fit with both uncertainties in x and in y (matlab and octave tool).
This tool computes a linear fit when there are uncertainties in x data and y data. The best slope and intercept are computed by minimizing the chi2 calculated using both standard deviation on x and y (Deming fit). Data points are simulated using a Monte Carlo method so as to obtain the error on the fitted parameters. If error on both x and y is not specified, error is assumed constant on y and computed. Result of the fit is by default displayed, the best fit and a hull of all the possible fits are drawn.
- Developped under MATLAB 7.13 (R2011b)
- Should work under any newer release of MATLAB (no additionnal library needed)
- Works with octave 3.4.0 with optim 1.0.16 package (and hopefully with newer versions)
- Tristan Beau - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julien Browaeys - email@example.com
See the joined LICENCE file (BSD licence)